Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Year and A NEW resolution!

Ok here's the thing, I have tons of wonderful ideas on how to get healthier, fitter, happier.. I just have a really bad habit of planning to start all of these things, "tomorrow". "Tomorrows" come and go and before you know it you are 30 and another whole year has passed. Yikes! So this is it, this here blog is me finally putting my plans into action.

It is January 1st and I have worked out, I quit snacking on junk and I have had three healthy meals. I have a headache that clearly says "Sugars wants you to know that you are her bitch and you probably need to drink more water", but I am ok with it. It shows I have done something. I did manage to do two whole30's last year, one half-assed and one properly and I do know that I feel a million times happier and more "me" when I'm not eating sugar, gluten, dairy etc. I plan to read a bunch of books this year and work out which dietary "rules" work best for myself. I currently make my own bread using a sour dough starter and will document that in the coming days, I have had a lot of fun learning about that and tweaking things a little. I am hoping that I can continue to eat this bread without getting bloated which regular bread seems to do to me. I also make my own kefir.... but to be honest I haven't quite worked out how to make that a regular part of my diet quite yet. I am not a huge fan of smoothies or drinking it plain so we will figure that one out as we go.

The first book that I am reading for the year is called "I Quit Sugar" and it is by Sarah Wilson. I usually buy my books because when I get them at the library I am absolutely terrible at remembering to get them back on time or renew them and then I end up paying fines. I guess this isn't absolutely horrible as it allows the library to buy new books for me to forget to return on time... but back to the book. I will read it and share the lessons I was able to take from it. If I try recipes from the book I will name them but wont post them unless the authors have a link out there that already exists to share - heck if I had to read the book to find the recipe then so do you!

Anywho I'm going to end off here - I made kale chips tonight, which were loved, but it is getting a little ridiculous that I dry the leaves with paper towel after washing them. For the record it takes about a million sheets of paper towel to dry one bunch of kale, a huge soggy wasteful, ridiculous mess. My mission tomorrow is to "go buy a freaking salad spinner already - you know there are going to be a lot more leaves in your healthy future so do it already"...

HEALTH, HAPPINESS and FITNESS,
Lana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment